Ersilia Foundation is named after one of the cities described by the Italian writer Italo Calvino at his book Invisible Cities * It is the hyperconnected city, connected to all networks of energy, resources and information. Maybe that’s why in Ersilia we like to:
- Connect ideas, connect people
- Facilitate the dissemination and communication of scientific, technological and humanistic knowledge, in all its manifestations.
- Encourage knowledge alliances between businesses, universities, research centres and schools.
- Promote inter/transdisciplinary learning and research , emphasizing connections between traditionally disciplines such as math, science, history, and language arts, rather than limiting learning to one content area at a time.
- Embrace knowledge-sharing and co-creation, and organise innovative training schools on inter/transdisciplinary research
- Share the knowledge acquired in R+I projects and make educational resources freely accessible through internet.
- Promote the participation of children and young people in projects and planning studies for both listening to their ideas and suggestions as to strengthen their sense of belonging to the place where they live, advancing environmental stewardship and civic engagement.
- Jordi de Manuel: biologist, teacher and writer. He has published several collections of short stories and some novels: El pes de la por (Alfaguara) El beuratge (Alfaguara), Tres somnis blaus (Columna; Valldaura prize), Cels taronges (Columna; Ciutat de Mollerussa prize), Cabells porpres (Columna; Pere Calders, Catalan Literature Prize), L’olor de la pluja (La Magrana), El cant de les dunes (Pagès editors) and El raptor de gnoms (La Magrana) With the collection of stories Disseccions (Proa) won the prize Reader’s Odyssey, the only literary award which involve a jury of one hundred readers. He is a member of SCCFF (Catalan Society for Science Fiction and Fantasy).
- Marcel Costa: High School Teacher -IES Castellar (Castellar del Vallès).
- Francesc Arrey: High School Teacher – IES Enric Borras Badalona
- Roser Sanllorente: High School Teacher – IES El Palau Sant Andreu de la Barca
- Ester Casas: Primary School Teacher – Pere Vila
- Concha Laplana: Primary School Teacher – Seat School
- Pilar Soro Mateos: Primary School Teacher La Ginesta Schoool- Segur de Calafell (Tarragona). ITWorld Edu Prize 2008
- Ma.Estrella Trillo: Primary School Teacher Pompeu -Fabra Cunit (Tarragona).
- Anna Forés Miravalles: Professor- Faculty of Pedagogy at the University of Barcelona