ERSILIA Foundation was founded in 2004 by MCRIT Ltd (www.mcrit.com) a consultancy company specialised in urban and regional planning and policy evaluation (MCRIT stands for “Multicriteria”, the decision-support methodology). ERSILIA is a private non-profit foundation devoted to promote inter and transdisciplinary knowledge in order to enhance our capacity to meet contemporary global (urban) challenges (www.ersilia.org).
More specifically ERSILIA:
- Design strategies for inter/transdisciplinary learning and research
- Facilitate workshops and training courses enabling individual and collective decision-making, aimed at promoting patterns of behaviour that are aware of the social and environmental impacts that they entail.
- Design and develop innovative, creative and custom-made multimedia platforms and educational content.
- Encourage knowledge alliance between businesses, universities, research centres and civic associations.
- Share the knowledge acquired in R+D projects and make educational resources freely accessible through the internet.
- Promote the dissemination and communication of scientific and humanistic knowledge, in all its manifestations